Doll & Me apron
Made this little Doll & Me Apron Set for my 2 year old niece. Pre-serger that is :).
I got the idea in December, started in January, then couldn’t work on it for a couple of months (feeling queasy and not up for any sewing) and had to think about the construction for a little bit. The longer something has been in my head, the harder it is to finish. Finally worked on it and finished it early April.
I used Creating By Cami’s apron tutorial. I wanted something that would fit, but would provide room to grow. This apron is adjustable because of the use of velcro on both the neck strap and the waist strap. While making this I had no clue how big it would be on my niece, so I’m glad it fits well!
Here she is dressed in it :)))
I did make a mistake in the construction and because there was some time between making the doll apron and the child apron, I made the mistake twice… why don’t I ever make notes… The mistake is most visible in below picture. Should have joined the longest piece of velcro on the inside of the apron, not on the strap, because now it shows as soon as more room is needed. Both times it was too late to adjust it, as I had already pieced the front of the apron and the lining together. I tried handstitching velcro, but man…that sucks, so I gave up. Let’s hope I’ll read these notes :), if I ever make another set.
I’ve been planning on knitting this reindeer a sweater, but making this picture, made me think I’ll probably sew him/her an outfit!
I used the Fabric-by-Fabric One Yard Wonders book for the Child’s Chef’s Hat. It’s adjustable in size as well, but I forgot to take a picture. Here are the instruction pictures from the book. Smart!
For the doll version, I just made a smaller size hat and redrafted the apron pattern. For these reasons luckily I have a doll model, which was extremely helpful.