A while ago I found free pattern pieces for moncassin style slippers. I quite liked the style of the slipper (of course I can’t find the link right now), but the pattern didn’t come with guidance how to sew the pieces up. I thought I’d be able to figure it out myself, but wanting to hide all raw seams, I got stuck at a certain point and couldn’t figure out how to make them.
So I gave up and left the cut pattern pieces laying around. Winter passed and I didn’t really need slippers anymore, so I forgot about it.
Till last weekend. I was bored, wanted to sew something, but lost my sewing mojo a little bit over the past few months of not doing much, and wanted a quick and easy project. I bought a pattern (if only I had seen this tutorial before…), cut new pieces of fabric and non-slip sole and in one evening, I sewed them up.
They’re really thin, definitely don’t hide the raw seams inside and don’t give much support at all -perhaps I should have quilted the sole-, but I figured for summer that is fine. The winter pair… well, I’ll finish them some time in Autumn ;).
Ps. I finally managed to cut into my favorite piece of fabric. I still have about 1 3/4 yard left, just need to come up with something else these ‘pearls’ would work with!